Drones are NPC ships that deliver commodities to and from locations. Drones can be interacted with by the player through hacking, draining, boosting, and attacking. Every drone has a destination and belong to one of three locations; Gemini Station, Mars, and Earth. Interacting with any of the drones will decrease or increase your reputation depending on where the Drone is from. You can tell which location a drone belongs to based on their image and/or name initials; EA is Earth, GS is Gemini Station, and MA is Mars.
Drones can be anywhere from level 1 to level 100. When drones are hacked or attacked, you have a chance to obtain the cargo they carry.
Some drones have nicknames alongside their identification number, these drones are special versions. Some of the special drones are EA-14 SWEET BABU, EA-723 BOATY MCBOATFACE, EA-300 THIS IS SPARTA, EA-709 DESTROYER OF WORLDS, EA-101 GREEN LILLY, EA-682 SHIPPY MCSHIPFACE, EA-12 BICENTENNIAL SPARROW, EA-673 EAGLE, EA-514 LAST VENTURE...
(Insert information on possible drone loot.)
|Drain||-50 Earth, +5 Mars||-50 Mars, +5 Earth||-50 GEM|
|Boost||+15 Earth, -3 Mars||+15 Mars, -3 Earth||+15 GEM|
- Drones actually contribute to the economy, they do deliver items to and from locations.
- Mercury is the only location a drone will not deliver items to.
- EA-723 BOATY MCBOATFACE is a reference to a real research vessel whose name was decided through a naming contest.
- EA-300 THIS IS SPARTA is a reference of the famous movie line from 300.
- EA-709 DESTROYER OF WORLDS is a reference to Oppenheimer's quote “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” when reciting the Bhagavad Gita.