GSWiki:One Small Wiki Favor
One Small Wiki Favor is a project to improve the Gemini Station Wiki, where wiki users can contribute to a number of ongoing wiki tasks. Anyone is welcome to participate, whether you're completely new to the wiki or you've been here for a while. If you have not edited before, then this is a great time to get involved!
To participate in this project, take a look at the tasks below and find one that looks exciting. Each task has some advice on how to effectively tackle it, but we strongly recommend joining the
#wiki channel in our Discord to coordinate with other editors, and discuss the project. If you do not wish to create a discord account you get help via the talk (discussion) page or by contacting the co-ordinator via their talk page.
Current tasks active as of:
If you have worked on and completed a goal, please let us know in the
#wiki discord channel. One of the project helpers or Banri himself will check your contributions to see if you have completed the task.
Missions - Task active
Creating Pages for Every Mission in Gemini Station
This is an extensive project which requires Mission Pages, Quick Guides, Transcript Pages to be created.
Categories - Task active
Categorization on pages where necessary
There are many pages on the wiki currently that are missing categories, categories that are incorrect and also pages with old categories which do not line up with the new category tree. (You can find this new tree on the sidebar called: Wiki Index)
- Old categories - You can find this by going to the old category tree, Category:Gemini Station, which needs to be deleted after its emptied. When it is empty, label the page with Template:Rfd so those with page deletion permissions can find it easily on the maintenance page. (Those with deletion permissions such as moderators and custodians can skip the labeling). Each page in the old categories need to be adjusted to the new category tree.
- Pages missing categories - Navigate to Special:UncategorizedPages, Special:UncategorizedTemplates and Special:UncategorizedFiles to find the pages, templates and files that are missing categories and sort them using your best judgement with the new category tree. If you are confused or stuck, you can always ask for help.
Patch Note Rework - Task active
Reworking patch note pages to the new format.
With the new format for the Patch Note pages, All the current patch note pages need to be redone.
Template:ToC - Task active
Restructure pages with better Table of Contents
Pages that have a lot of: Page content and headers. Template:ToC helps push the Table of Content to left, or right alignment to better suit the way articles read.
Redirects and Disambiguation - Task active
Redirect Pages need to be made
Browsing the wiki needs to be smooth for users coming to the wiki for answers to questions or to browse what type of content Gemini Station has. Ensuring that they get to the destination their searching for is majorly important.
- Familiarize yourself with how Redirecting works by reading the guide here.
- Familiarize yourself with how Disambiguation works by reading the guide here, and also the template documentation linked on the page.
- Read the documentation of Template:Shortcut. This template works with shortened names and abbreviated for redirects on the wiki.
- Every page the wiki needs some form of redirect or disambiguation, this ensures users are getting to the right pages they are searching for.
Update history - Task active
Add the patch notes from different updates to relevant pages
One of our newest (and most ambitious) projects is to document information about how game updates have affected content over time. Some editors are currently working through old patch notes and copying them on to pages of content that was affected by each patch.
Here's some that we have not been done yet: The ListPlease mark them off on both pages when you're done!
NPC dialogue - Task active
Transcribe NPC dialogues onto the wiki.
This is a brand new wiki project that has a goal of having every storyline dialogue transcribed onto the wiki. More Details Being Added Soon
Lore, History and Biographies - Task active
Adding the lore of Gemini Station to the wiki, as well as the histories behind each character and local if there are any.
This is a new wiki project that involves adding alot of backstory content of Gemini Station.
Item Pages - Task completed
Adding the new Infobox, Size template and Navbox to related item pages
Infobox Item, Template:Cargo and the new navbox need to be added to the item pages to reflect the new changes to the wiki.
Character Pages - Task active
Creating character pages while using the new character Infobox to the page.
Attributes - Task active
Adding all the attribute pages onto the Wiki or updating them.
Update all the attribute pages to include as much information as possible; including any math involved with the attribute.
- Create missing attribute pages
- Update attributes with NavBoxes, information, and Table of Contents.
Specific Ship Pages - Task active
Creating unique pages for every ship.
Create all the ship pages to include as much information as possible; including stats and specific class restricted mods.
Template Data - Task active
Adding TemplateData to templates.
Adding TemplateData to all templates which are missing TemplateData.
Each and every template on this wiki must be made ready for Visual Editor which will be coming soon as Mediawiki itself fixes the bug that causes it to stop working on pages which already were made. Currently as of 10.09.2020, Noresist and I tested the Visual Editor and it works only on new pages being created and not existing ones, so we will need to wait until its patched. During this time, we can start adding TemplateData to all existing templates.To start this task, visit this page to see a tutorial on how to go about adding the TemplateData. There is also a link there to all templates which are missing said TemplateData. That page does not need to be checked off when you finish with one, because the list is generated by a dynamic page list (or DPL) from the DynamicPageList3 Extension.