Help:Editing/Accounts and user pages
Making a wiki account is highly recommended. Having an account will make you more recognizable to others editors and you will be to create a profile and pages for your own use in your user space. Even if you do not edit the wiki, being logged into an account will allow you to customize your wiki browsing. You can create an account by clicking the sign in button, next to the search bar. Select Register and follow the instructions to make your account.
Once you have created and signed into your account you can change your preferences by clicking your account options (this replaces the sign in button) and selecting My Preferences.
- User profile > Basic information - add some information about yourself
- User profile > Signature - set a custom signature.
- User profile > Email options - can enter your email address and set when you receive emails about the wiki.
- Editing > Editor - can uncheck "enable the visual editor" to access Source editor for more in-depth editing.
All editors' accounts have an associated user page which can be found at User:<account name>. If you have created an account and made at least one edit to the wiki your user page will be created automatically. You can view your own user page by clicking your account name in the top right of your screen. From here you can edit and save changes to your user page using the edit button.
You can use this space to describe yourself or to help yourself with wiki editing, for example to make note of things you wish to do on the wiki. All information of this nature should be put on user pages rather than regular wiki articles, which are located in the main space. See the link above for detailed help about formatting your user page. See the following admin for an example: Banri
You may create additional user pages as subsections of your main user page. To do this add the prefix User:<your account name>/<new page name> when creating a new page. For example User:Account/Sandbox would create the user a blank sandbox page: sandboxes are used to work on new content before it is ready to be added to articles in the main space of the wiki.
All editors' accounts can create custom signatures which can be used to sign posts instead of the default: SampleUser 17:22, December 8 2022 (UTC)
- Want some more help?
- Ask for help with this topic on the article's talk page.
- Ask for general editing help at GSWiki:User help.
- Request help from an administrator at GSWiki:Administrative requests if you need help which requires an administrator's tools.
- Chat to other editors in our Discord channel.