This style guide provides guidance on how to make quality contributions to the Gemini Station Wiki. If these guidelines seem too difficult to follow (non-native speakers, etc.) -- don't let them stop you from contributing! It is more important that the wikis have contributions than having everything "done right", and once content is in the wikis, other contributors can participate by putting it into a better style.
- Naming pages:
- Do not capitalize any words in the page name, except for words that are capitalized grammatically. Capitalize the first letter of the first word (wiki should do this automatically)
- Use full names for any page you create.
- Unless a significant part of the page or the section content is a list, the name of the page/section should be singular. This way the page can be linked while appearing either singular (page) or plural (pages), without needing to setup redirects.
- Header names: The same rules that apply to naming pages apply to headers
- Page size: Generally, pages should be big enough that they comprehensively cover a single subject.
- Templates: Templates are created to help better organize content on the Wiki. See Templates for full explanation of how to use templates and what each one is for.
- Categories: Always group pages into categories. If you are unsure which category fits best, ask a wiki staff member.
- Wikis work due to the use of internal links to other pages, the first instance of any other page should be linked with square brackets [[like this]]
- Do not emphasize text with underline or CAPITALS, use italics instead, in addition avoid excessive use of bold
- Write so that everyone can participate: do not personalize articles/pages by signing them or naming game concepts after yourself. The only place that this is allowed is your personal profile page.
- The use of links in Section names should be avoided.
- Do not use html code where wiki code exists to perform the same action, this includes plainlists, paragraphs and line breaks
- Indent bullet points using multiple asterisks (**) instead of the colon followed by an asterisk (:*).